$60.00 - $32.33
(as of Aug 21,2018 22:15:43 UTC – Details)
The Fund Industry offers a comprehensive look at mutualfunds and the investment management industry, for fund investors,those working in the fund industry, service providers to theindustry and students of financial institutions or capital markets.Industry experts Robert Pozen and Theresa Hamacher take readers ona tour of the business of asset management. Readers will learn howto research a fund and assess whether it’s right for them; thenthey’ll go behind the scenes to see how funds are invested, soldand regulated. This updated edition expands coverage of thesegments of the industry where growth is hottest, including hedgefunds, liquid alternatives, ETFs and target date funds—andadds an introduction to derivatives.
Mutual funds are a key component of financial planning for 96million Americans. Nearly a quarter of U.S. household savings areinvested in funds, which give individual investors affordableaccess to professional management. This book provides a detailedlook at how firms in the industry:
- Invest those savings in stocks and bonds
- Evaluate the risks and returns of funds
- Distribute funds directly to consumers or through financialadvisors or retirement plans
- Handle the complex operational and regulatory requirements ofmutual funds
- Vote proxies at the annual meetings of public companies
- Expand their operations across borders
Along the way, the authors describe the latest trends anddiscuss the biggest controversies—all in straightforward andengaging prose. The Fund Industry is the essential guide tonavigating the mutual fund industry.