$25.00 - $16.97
(as of Jun 12,2019 09:15:45 UTC – Details)
Chef Lee Watson was once, in his own words, “the mightiest nose-to-tail carnivore of them all.” But four years ago, he went completely vegan—and today, he’s an easygoing evangelist for peaceful, plant-full eating!
Now, Peace & Parsnips captures 200 of Lee’s extraordinarily creative recipes, all “rooted” in his love of life and his many travels—from the streets of Mexico and the food bazaars of Turkey to the French countryside, the shores of Spain, the spice markets of India and beyond! Twelve chapters burst with gorgeous photos (200 in all!), tempting us with Lee’s mouthwatering recipes—all meat-free, dairy-free and egg-free, and many gluten-free—that are brimming with goodness. Get set to savor:
- Breakfast: Plantain Breakfast Burrito with Pico de Gallo
- Smoothies, Juices & Hot Drinks: Healthy Hot Chocolate
- Soups: Zen Noodle Broth
- Salads: Fennel, Walnut & Celeriac Salad with Caesar-ish Dressing
- Sides: Turkish-Style Spinach with Creamy Tofu Ricotta
- Nibbles, Dips & Small Plates: Shiitake Tempura with Wasabi Mayo
- Big Plates: Parsnip & Walnut Rumbledethumps with Baked Beans
- Curries: Roasted Almond & Kohlrabi Koftas with Tomato & Ginger Masala
- Burgers & More: Portobello Pecan Burgers with Roasted Pumpkin Wedges
- Baked & Stuffed: Mexican “Pastor” Pie
- Sweet Treats: Raw Blueberry & Macadamia Cheesecake; Dark Chocolate & Beet Brownies
- Sauces, Dressings, Toppers & other Extras: Smoky Chipotle & Cauliflower Cheese Sauce; Tofu & Herb Feta!
Lee’s thoughtful, enthusiastic advice makes it easier than you think (and great fun) to create unforgettable meals from an inspiring array of seasonal fruits, fresh vegetables and easy-to-find staples. This is food that explodes with flavor, color and texture—and will delight and nourish everyone.