$95.96 - $79.26
(as of Jan 12,2019 10:33:43 UTC – Details)
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
THE MOST COMPLETE, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO STRESS AND STRAIN FORMULAS
Fully revised throughout, Roark’s Formulas for Stress and Strain, Eighth Edition, provides accurate and thorough tabulated formulations that can be applied to the stress analysis of a comprehensive range of structural components. All equations and diagrams of structural properties are presented in an easy-to-use, thumb, through format.
This extensively updated edition contains new chapters on fatigue and fracture mechanics, stresses in fasteners and joints, composite materials, and biomechanics. Several chapters have been expanded and new topics have been added. Each chapter now concludes with a summary of tables and formulas for ease of reference. This is the definitive resource for designers, engineers, and analysts who need to calculate stress and strain management.
ROARK’S FORMULAS FOR STRESS AND STRAIN, EIGHTH EDITION, COVERS:
- Behavior of bodies under stress
- Principles and analytical methods
- Numerical and experimental methods
- Tension, compression, shear, and combined stress
- Beams; flexure of straight bars
- Bending of curved beams
- Flat plates
- Columns and other compression members
- Shells of revolution; pressure vessels; pipes
- Bodies in contact undergoing direct bearing and shear stress
- Elastic stability
- Dynamic and temperature stresses
- Stress concentration factors
- Fatigue and fracture mechanics
- Stresses in fasteners and joints
- Composite materials