$42.95 - $36.34
(as of Feb 13,2019 04:02:03 UTC – Details)
- discover how AT tools can help children make progress toward specific OSEP outcomes
- follow the guiding principles for selecting, purchasing and implementing AT devices
- determine funding options for assistive technology
- assess children’s needs and identify appropriate tools and strategies for individual children
- use AT to aid implementation of universal design for learning
- embed AT into activity-based intervention
- involve family members in all phases of AT service delivery
- support communication, language development, and early literacy skills
- increase opportunities for play through AT that supports motor, cognitive, and social skills
- teach computer skills to young children with disabilities, making adaptations when necessary
- understand the current laws that help increase access to and availability of AT
To help them get started with assistive technology, professionals will get a CD-ROM with 3 in-depth, printable forms for evaluating children’s AT needs, determining which types of tools and strategies to use, and creating individualized AT “toolkits” that help children meet OSEP outcomes and developmental goals. Readers will also find extended case studies and child profiles, so they can see how AT supports the participation and achievement of children with a range of disabilities.
A must for AT novices and seasoned users alike, this professional resource and supplemental textbook will help readers use the best of today’s technology to ensure a fully inclusive education for young children.